Author Topic: Lego town work in progress  (Read 6384 times)

Offline legocardi

• County: Cork
Hi all,

Thanks for welcoming me into your group. I am inspired by all the creativity.

Here are some pics of my town as promises. It is still a work in progress. I have to order more tracks and walls and I need to populate the town with minifigs and vehicles.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Obviously not Ireland ,with no flood defences and high waterlevels. Love the canal as a navigation( cheaper than narrow road plates) .access to corner must be difficult or is there a way around or centre access hole? Jaerek could provide you with some minifigs -check out his recent deal.

Offline legocardi

There is a hatch in the middle, but it means removing the middle buildings for access. It's not something I can do every day, as I normally knock over a few things in doing it. I am building the modular police station which will go between the diner and assembly square. Once that's done, I will finish the corner section and move out from there. I'm also designing a modular train station to replace the current MOC.

I have been pondering getting some trans blue and white to give the appearance of the depth of the canal but the cost was stomach-churning.

I'll check out the minifig deal, thanks!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Hopefully next year you can get in on Lugbulk .....if it runs , a cheap price per piece way of getting lots of bricks to fill out or build up an idea

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Really impressive, I like the canal especially!

Will the existing police station go when you put the new modular one in? Suppose it could be repurposed into a big extension for the hospital with a few tweaks!

Offline legocardi

Thanks Tom!

The new police station doesn’t have any police vehicles so the old one is going to be where the vehicles are despatched from and where AC-12 is based. :)

I put off getting the new police station for a while as I don’t really need it, but I know I would be kicking myself in a few years if I didn’t get it. (Brick Bank sob).

I’ve been thinking about getting another hospital or at least the main pieces to mod it further. Using the old police station is a good idea.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Great layout. As others have said, canal looks great, a nice feature and not common to see.

Beach looks fab but waters somewhat unsafe for swimming I think  :D

Offline legocardi

It’s ok. They’re vegetarian sharks.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Don't get the new plant based Lego then!

Offline legocardi

Offline legocardi

Busy weekend filling in Lego tracks to make them look more like tram tracks / Luas. It was something I've been meaning to do for a while. It's quite expensive to fill in the tracks and the footpaths. I am always weighing up whether to get a fabulous new set or some boring grey tiles. Used some Lego VIP points on the order this time to make it more palatable. LUGBulk would be ideal for something like this.

Also revamping the town park at the moment, to get ready for our outdoor summer. Making a fairground ride and need to fix up some of the park games.

And you can see some graffiti walls in the background that my 12 year old son also did, inspired by Bricksie. Not sanctioned by the town council, I might add.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
The grey tiles look brill. Tiles vs sets, only one winner there, TILES!

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Looks fab.  Like Patrick St. before they got rid of the trams 😉

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Looks great, both the tracks and the graffiti!

Will you be taking on the nightmarish task of filling in the track curves as well?

Offline legocardi

For the moment, I've just done this.

The track edges out onto the road a bit, but I'm going to live with it. Placing the tracks on the roadside has saved half a baseplate all the way around. Which means more space for new builds.