Author Topic: How many of you folks have builds that you wish you didn't tear apart?  (Read 8718 times)

Offline Chris Hastings

• Star Wars and Bionicle nerd, maker of rubbish mocs
  • County: Antrim
I know we all have countless creations we made as children but never documented with photographs etc but has anyone had a creation that they remember making and tearing apart before wishing they hadn't?

I have a few but only one I have a picture of.

My rendition of the Bionicle Gali Nuva. She was created using all of the blue parts in my collection which is why she ended up getting torn down for other builds. I really wish I could find more than one photo, or even recreate it with the new parts I have. Or even just rebuild it how it was for the sake of taking more professional photographs as this one is from about 3 years ago.

Here is the original design of Gali Nuva. For my creation my aim was to basically upscale her and give more detail while trying to retain the overall design and colour layout. I would like to get more light blue parts especially CCBS parts with which to remake the model in more proper colours.

Please share yours below if you have photos of it, or regale us with tales of 'the one that got away' :P
Chris Hastings - Inspired But Tired

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Chris,

I am not a Bionicle fan but can appreciate that this was a great version of the set. Not sure I have any mocs I am unhappy to have broken up although I would have quite a few that I wish I had taken better quality pictures. All pictures look great on the tiny camera screen...

Offline Chris Hastings

• Star Wars and Bionicle nerd, maker of rubbish mocs
  • County: Antrim
Thanks David!

As a rule I now take loads of pictures of everything I make just because I know that one day it will eventually be taken apart.
Chris Hastings - Inspired But Tired

Marz_girl

This has happened to me a few times with mosaics. One that I remember the most
 is a mosaic of Jimmy Hendrix 😣 It was pretty good but in a "moment of madness" I dismantle it 😔

Offline Daragh

• County: Dublin
Yes loads, I have memories of lots of great (to me anyway) builds from when I was younger and another thread here made me realise that I have no photos of any of them. I would also love to see again the build I did in Easons that won a competition many moons ago, all I remember is that it was called Space Mission Control! I only remember that because I found the little certificate I got a few years ago and promptly threw it out, as you do in your dark ages.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
"Dad, make Me a big  puppycorn" , made from my not-so-prescious recently available to my Daughter lego , She made the eyes and I don't think it'll be destroyed soon although puppycorn is destroying everything like in the Unikitty episode we watched yesterday