Author Topic: Tower block  (Read 5797 times)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
My city's latest monstrosity is a 10 storey tower block, the new tallest building in town and probably the tallest that will be. In the UK many of these blocks are called 'something' Point. Would welcome name suggestions along those lines for it if anyone has any.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Looks fantastic, never thought I'd say that about one of those concrete towers :D

I think "(something) House" and "(something) Tower" are also pretty common for towers like this (e.g. Apollo House in Peep Show, and the infamous Grenfell Tower).

Thinking of punny (but not Lego-related) names for the Point, here are some suggestions:
  • Wossda Point
  • Bessyda Point
  • Vantage Point

Some Lego-related suggestions that would work with Point, House or Tower:
  • Studley
  • Mocwell
  • Medstone (a reference to Lego's official name for the LBG - Medium Stone Grey)

And if you want it to sound more like home, how about some anglicised Irish? Some suggestions from experience while trying to come up with an anglicised Irish name for my own city (as yet undecided):
  • Ardbreeca (ard bríce - high bricks)
  • Togamoore (tógtha mór - built big)
  • Partanalee (páirteanna liath - grey parts)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Studsnotout tower, it's not as magnificent as the trans blue, but as accommodation for minifigs your homelessness will be solved ,unless of course you get those baby or sewerbaby minifigs

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
I think your city needs some ordinance on hanging towels from railings!  Great addition to the cityscape.

Add a few LED's and you could call it Power Point ;-)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Streets seem to be lockdown looking .it's as impressive as the lego movie one