Author Topic: Shopping Centre  (Read 6171 times)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
I started this shopping centre way in May and initially had most of the outside built before I decided it might be a good idea to do the inside. As a result although the building is modular, it is not so in the conventional sense as you can see. This can be put down to bad planning and the fact that I needed to open it up to allow for the retro-fit and future tweaking. So three months later here it is. I did quite a lot of changes to the exterior and interior over this time and have one future change planned (to swap out the tiny store on the ground floor with a tiny LEGO Store with pick a brick wall etc). It will be tiny though so LEGO won’t be getting much revenue from my city.

Due to space constraints my main goal was to give the impression of there being more than their actually is despite the lack of building space (there are only 2 shops inside) and so I restricted it to one 48x48 baseplate. I tried to include most of the details from such places such as lifts, stairs, foyer areas, carpark, dodgy tracksuit clad and loitering youths, wonky trolleys, smug security guards and of course lots of handbags.

The new centre was opened up adjacent to these existing retail units and sadly the loss in custom saw most go to the wall.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
The photos look great but needs to be seen in the brick (and luckily I have)  ,good luck with finding minifig sized pick-a-brick bricks

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Antrim
Love it David, really cool! Seems like a very busy place, love the security guard shot!

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
Was going to post the same thing as Wally!  Well over 2,000 likes so far & counting!

Amazing build David!  The curved and sloped roof is incredible.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Great to get a mention and I wasn't aware of ArchBrick beforehand so its good to now know..

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
I loved that when I saw it back at the last meet, always in awe of all these MOCs.
Currently typing on a Lego keyboard (honestly, I am!)

lego