Author Topic: Collectible Minifigure Series  (Read 4827 times)

Robert

Does anyone have any idea as to the likelihood the collectible minifigure series will continue to be released so frequently in the coming years. I wonder if they are a big seller and so whether or not they'll be around in 10 or 20 years time as a staple mini theme. I have just 2 complete series as I bought my first with a Series 14 figure. I was tempted to try and collect all the previous series but if they keep on coming I don't see the point!

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
No idea on the life cycle but I suspect they are good sellers as they are the cheapest LEGO entry point so probably a fair few are shifted for "treats" or with pocket money. The fact that they are still going also supports this. I would suspect that collectors of all series will diminish and probably has already. This could hit sales but perhaps these type of customers are insignificant when compared to the likely target market (kids).

Offline DaveNoCheese

• County: Limerick
Not sure about how long they will continue for but I reckon they're going strong at the moment.

FYI, the next rumoured series is Disney in May 2019.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Series 23 is all christmassy and still in bags so easy to feel, I like the challenge of guessing which one is inside, but the sheet has a tab of cellotape (easy peel for a patient adult) that will rip sheet, not a deal as kids probably don't keep them and the instructions are redundant as you can see a fig, bag only has max.10 parts so maybe a waste of paper but I keep them sometimes. Popcorn kid had nothing ,I expected a trick-or-treat bag or a a popcorn box. The elf has a spare house and the snowglobe some has a snowy print on top

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
The Japan lego store has previewed the build-a-minifig station parts , brickset has pics

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Thanks Neil for the minifig resource series24, my Daughter was mad for the dinosaur one and looking at the pamphlet that shows how to build and the full set ,I said the dinosaur one is soooo lame -no accessories but there's a spare tail(hope it's not cos it'll break easily) so a minifig child can have a tail for when I open the 2 Jurassic sets I have

lego