Author Topic: Project Imperial Star Destroyer (Aggressor) by Raskolnikov  (Read 32587 times)

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Antrim
Book 1 Complete.

I've started gathering the parts for Book 2, and yes, that is a sticker sheet from 10188, expensive to buy in UK, I sourced this one affordable sheet from Czech Republic. The instructions require 16 of these sheets in total (very expensive) so I'll make do with one for some detail. 

Another couple of Bricklink order should see Book 2 ready for building.

Offline Aidan

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Dear god that is so impressive even at this stage.

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
It is indeed Aidan! It's quite a weight already, and to think what it will weigh when it's finish will definitely test the stands. 

I have been taking my time with it, and gathering the parts gradually.  Another couple of BL orders placed this morning ;-)

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Quick update... all 3069 parts sourced and purchased for Book 2. 

Been so busy in the past month with work and family weddings, so hoping to find free time this weekend to beginning sorting (I love sorting) in preparation for building.

Excuse the rubbish mobile pic.

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Now I want to call over and play lego ;-)

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Now I want to call over and play lego ;-)

So do I... These final packages arrived with me at the start of the week, and can't wait to get them opened up.  I love the process of checking off BL orders, and then sorting by part/type/colour. 

This second book focuses mostly on the interior and bridge, but also the side greebling on the ISD, so lots of 1x1s and 1x2s :-)

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
All Book 2 parts sorted and ready to build.

As per my previous post, lots of 1x1s and 1x2s (contained in the small boxes) in this book for the side greebling, basically sorted by colour, between LBG and DBG.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Having everything laid out is majorly convenient, but the time taken to sort them all takes from the search and find build or do you just want it made already

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Some more progress shots, I've been really busy with work lately, and having had much time to spend on the ISD (also preoccupied in building Slave 1).  I've started Bricklinking parts for Book 3 with Book 2 building almost complete.

One more night of solid building should see Book 2 complete.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Your gonna need a bigger house, this is an amazing project

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
This sure is turning out great. Impressed with the interior. The tables and bunk beds in particular.

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Those bunk beds are fantastic alright.  Looks like such a fun build.  How many books in total?

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Your gonna need a bigger house, this is an amazing project

It is a vast project no doubt, one which I'm enjoying and taking my time over (not to mention to cost in the parts alone).  Sometimes I do question myself on whether or not to continue with it, mainly due to the cost, but hey, I'm in no panic, and to be honest, it keeps me focused as I've had no real desire to purchase any of the Star Wars sets from TLG in the past year.

This sure is turning out great. Impressed with the interior. The tables and bunk beds in particular.

Those bunk beds are fantastic alright.  Looks like such a fun build.  How many books in total?

The bunk beds and the canteen were really fun to build, my wife was impressed with the interior, which led me onto showing her some of the city/town MOCs from forum members.

There are 8 books in total Patrick.  Books 1 and 2 required approximately 6200 parts, so that's over a third the way there ;-)  The quality of the intructions are fantastic too, a real credit to the guy who designed the PDFs.

Edited to restore original post.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Sometimes I do question myself on whether or not to continue with it, mainly due to the cost...
Remember, as long as the parts are mainly LBG in colour and reasonably priced vs the market value its money well spent. If you ever tire of this you can of course re-use the parts so it's never a one-off expense with LEGO. And think of all that entertainment time spent clicking which otherwise could be spent elsewhere and maybe with associated costs like going to the cinema to watch TLM 2! Well that's how I internally process it.

Offline Aidan

• Lug.ie Team
Dear god I love this. Will have to find out the end cost when your done to see if I could apply for planning permission from herself. Space will be hardest to find as have so much LEGO displayed in house as it is. But I’m sure cost is massive

Details is fantastic really excited to see the hangar detail given the detail already shown on inside.

Don’t see it being a very mobile display piece either. Will need to get you one of this glass coffee tables I have seen displaying the big falcon set.