Author Topic: Classics anyone?  (Read 19998 times)

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Antrim
Of the plates could move\slide it'd be a great play area

Yes John, the plates slide inwards to create a 32x32 base. However, my legs are a little too big now to fit under the tray :-(

Picked up another couple of sets over Xmas, credit to the previous owner who kept these in amazing condition.

6346 - Shuttle Launching Crew

6552 Rocky River Retreat

Will post build pics soon.

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Still haven't got round to building 6346 and 6552, but did pick up another couple of sets.

4537 - Twin Tank Transport

6561 - Hot Rod Club

This set was like new, included the instructions and catalogue, and also, the poster! I always weary of the sticker condition with these sets, but again, luckily, they were in really good condition.  Think this will be the next one on the list to build, will introduce my 6538 into the Club too :-)

Online John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Love the hot rod set , I'm seeing a Fonz with a hammer. Poor 4wides look so small near the 6s and more like kid ride-on toys near the 8s! Love the yellow off-road too! I got about half a litre of really old stuff-not worn but serious fading, a few bits of the "round head -flexible arms" figs .Also some metal axle -one piece wheels

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Finally built 6561, nice set, will post pics up soon, and yes, Fonz with the tools lol

Haven't got near any of the others yet :-(

Indeed, the 4 wides are so small against 6 wides, but I love them.  I was in the Smyths at the weekend past, and noticed the detail in latest vehicles, the small vintage tractor in one of the new Friends set (42617) caught my eye, as well as the pickup in Jurassic Park (76946) set.

Back to the classics, another set picked up.

4556 - Metroliner

And yep, that is the original price sticker of the set on the top right corner of the box, a cool £99.95... which was a lot back in 1991/1992.  Tested the 9V system this evening, all working nicely. Excited to build this one. Pics to come soon.

lego