Author Topic: An post  (Read 4814 times)

Offline Bkultima

• County: Londonderry
Hey folks. I have a Bricklink store based in Derry NI. The cost of shipping to ROI from here is classed as international Europe zone. I have looked into using an post as it's a 5 minute drive to the border.
What I can't figure out though is proof of postage.
Website shows that certificate of postage is given as part of registered mail. But not Standard mail.

Can I still get a certificate of postage for standard mail? Even for an extra cost?

Thanks. Also not sure if this is the right sub forum.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Hi Bkultima. I don't know the answer I'm afraid, but there are a couple of bricklink sellers on here so hopefully they can shed some light on this. But I'm just curious, does BL require you to show proof or are you just covering yourself in the event of a complaint?

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
I'd say you're better off registering any package as unfortunately the lego brick sound in any form of post attracts unwanted  attention.

Offline Bkultima

• County: Londonderry
Hi Bkultima. I don't know the answer I'm afraid, but there are a couple of bricklink sellers on here so hopefully they can shed some light on this. But I'm just curious, does BL require you to show proof or are you just covering yourself in the event of a complaint?

Doesn't require proof but it's for my.own piece of mind

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
What I can't figure out though is proof of postage.
Website shows that certificate of postage is given as part of registered mail. But not Standard mail.

Can I still get a certificate of postage for standard mail? Even for an extra cost?

Proof of postage is meaningless, just a receipt.

I do not advise using An Post for registered mail. Outside Ireland it is extortionate and in the event of lost mail etc good look getting compensation (via their insurance).

You do run the risk of scammers and it can happen. I had one this week, a German buyer who opened a Paypal claim 4 working days after I posted the packet. Paypal decided in her favour. That said, this is (to date) super rare. Most people are clearly honest and you will not likely attract much buyers if you charge EUR 10 instead of EUR 3 for posting about 100g of parts.

Royal Mail may have a more cost effective registered post (most of Europe does) but generally here it's a flat 7 euro or so no matter whether you are registering a letter or 3kg parcel. Quite ridiculous really.

Happy to share experiences if you've more questions pop me a PM.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I don't want to undermine bricklink but if I asked the bricklinkers that I know of  ,to buy from them outside of their registered shop for the same prices and then either collect or add shipping ...or am I going rogue?

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Don't use the Bricklink contact form to discuss that as it's a breach of their terms of service, but if they're on here or you have their email or phone number you should be fine theoretically!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
The first rule of bricklink, must put a list together and maybe go fishing

lego