Author Topic: Star Wars sets  (Read 23242 times)

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Antrim
I suppose it would be too optimistic to hope that the new Y-wing will be 20% off? :P

I was thinking the same for Slave 1.  I can't see TLG offered the 20% discount on UCS sets.  Most likely the sets that have struggled with sales, e.g. FO AT-ST (such a disappointment IMO) and Heavy Scout Walker.

Having another closer look at the new Y-Wing tonight, it is beautifully put together in places.

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
I had some spare time this week to complete a set I've had my eye on for quite some time.  I was watching numerous listings on eBay over the past months, and picked this up very cheaply indeed, #75153 AT-ST Walker.  It's not the most stable set, and the legs must be positioned correctly as it's somewhat top-heavy.  I've put together a quick blue greyprint below.

Offline Chris Hastings

• Star Wars and Bionicle nerd, maker of rubbish mocs
I suppose it would be too optimistic to hope that the new Y-wing will be 20% off? :P

I was thinking the same for Slave 1.  I can't see TLG offered the 20% discount on UCS sets.  Most likely the sets that have struggled with sales, e.g. FO AT-ST (such a disappointment IMO) and Heavy Scout Walker.

Having another closer look at the new Y-Wing tonight, it is beautifully put together in places.

I would actually quite like the FO AT-ST at about 50% off RRP because I want the figures but gosh damn is it overpriced at the moment.
Chris Hastings - Inspired But Tired

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
I would actually quite like the FO AT-ST at about 50% off RRP because I want the figures but gosh damn is it overpriced at the moment.

Yes Chris, the RRP is overpriced, although nice mini-figs, especially Phasma!  It's on Amazon UK at the moment, with 35% off. Linky

There are some nice MODs out there with the head on the FO AT-ST Linky

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
So I ended up purchasing another set on 4th May, one which has been on my radar for some time now. 

Slave 1!

At the time, LEGO were giving a free BB-8 Polybag with all SW purchases, so I picked it up too.

However, and too be honest, I wasn't too bothered about the BB-8 Polybag.  A few weeks earlier to this, the LEGO Store were giving a free Darth Vader Pod with orders > £50 (I really wanted this but I was holding out for something special during the 4th May weekend - sorry BB-8!).  So a quick chat with the LEGO Customer Service advisors (who were great), they sent me the Pod too!

And to top it off, double VIP points too!

Offline OneZeke

My fav i think so far is a toss up between the Death Star (Original) and the Venator (8039)
i think the Venator is a great kit. Lots of things to mess with on it
I am He-Who-Walks-The-Night,
The Lurker in the Dark,
The Haunter in the Shadows, To behold me is to behold Death,
Fear me for I am the Nightwalker!

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
So guys... TLG just announced the autumn UCS Master Builder Series set, and as heavily rumoured, it is indeed Cloud City, or Betrayal at Cloud City

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Betrayal-at-Cloud-City-75222

What's everyone's initial thoughts?

Offline Studnik

• There's no place like 127.0.0.1
  • County: Dublin
Gotta love those spare parts

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Can't say I would be particularly inspired but then again I am not a SW fan. Would be interested to hear SW fans thoughts on this one. Seems not so much LEGO for the pricetag. A decent number of figs though if that's your thing.

Offline Mark73

• County: Kildare
Anyone get the 2017 UCS Falcon? Seriously thinking about it...

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Can't say I would be particularly inspired but then again I am not a SW fan. Would be interested to hear SW fans thoughts on this one. Seems not so much LEGO for the pricetag. A decent number of figs though if that's your thing.

Exactly David, not much LEGO for the pricetag, but I read on EB it may be based on weight more than anything. All the minifigs are great, and I do actually like the set.  I think if they had 'rounded' it slightly more and moved the landing pad outside the rooms, it would have looked better, although the landing pad seems poorly done.  Slave 1 and Cloud Car looks great.

Anyone get the 2017 UCS Falcon? Seriously thinking about it...

@Mark73 I have it... but shamefully the seal on the box hasn't been broken yet.  I do plan to build it, but I've been caught up in other projects.

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
Acquired 75105 - Millennium Falcon from a work colleague who wasn't going to finish it.  He'd actually got more then 3/4 of the way through.  Took me 2 hours to break apart and sort what he'd done and then 6 hours to build.
Currently typing on a Lego keyboard (honestly, I am!)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Good feeling breaking apart to know you rectify problems and more satisfying to rebuild ,need more of these kinda  friends

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
I had thought on selling my 75105 at a stage, so glad I didn't, really enjoyed the build.  They are quite strong money on eBay at present.

Likewise John, I love going back to my childhood sets, breaking them down, rectifying my shoddy building, and sort the parts out for a rebuild, most recently was this:

Although I'm missing a few pieces, will pick them up on next BL order. Anyway, sorry for straying off topic, back to SW :-)

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
Currently typing on a Lego keyboard (honestly, I am!)

lego