Author Topic: Your favourite LEGO set ... Ever!  (Read 5898 times)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Thought I would make this topic for members to share their favourite LEGO sets of all time.

Here's definitely one of mine, 6080 Knight's Castle.

BrickbodyBob

My most precious set is the 5580 Technic Model Team truck.

Offline Daragh

• County: Dublin
For my favourite set I always refer to the Technic Space Shuttle 8480, most of my favourites are Technic so one I nearly always forget is the Monster Dino 4958 which was in the Creator line, but was really more Technic than System bricks, as it was Creator you got instructions for two additional models, both of which were great, so overall that set gave many hours of pleasure and I still have one built, one of the very few sets that are built, most rest in storage sadly.

Offline Evopilot

This was my favourite 6271.... still have some of the original parts in my collection but mostly lost through the years

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
3221 I like big trucks  I cannot lie ,an AFOL is born given to me by my Wife ,boy does She regret it now!!!

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Mine was 8040, a Pneumatic set and my first Technic one.  Loved it but sadly most of the pieces are lost now.  Maybe a trip to bricklink is needed!
https://brickset.com/sets/8040-1/Universal-Set

Offline wanbo

Most definitely 8868 Air Claw Rig

Was my first Technic set when I was 11 or so. Still have it and will never part with it 😊

https://brickset.com/sets/8868-1/Air-Tech-Claw-Rig

Offline Aidan

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
My fav set is the one which launched me back into the hobby and has resulted with so much of house has Lego in it.

Its the Tumbler as seen below its my pride and joy. only competition it has is my helecarrier but the heath ledger joker is probably what makes me prefer the Tumbler.

Offline Chris Hastings

• Star Wars and Bionicle nerd, maker of rubbish mocs
  • County: Antrim
Mine is a bit of a weird one as its not system, it technically comes under technic (pardon the pun) but I think after 2001 the line was set out on its own and distanced from technic, yes I am of course talking about Bionicle!

These bohrok were my absolute favourite as a child, they have great posability, excellent play features and are the PERFECT size for fitting in a pocket to take on trips for example, and unlike many of the small system sets, the bohrok have no 'easy to knock off' parts. Many a time when I was younger I would lose a stormtroopers gun or some small element would fall off a small build.

There were 12 types of bohrok but all share the same build, just differing in colour and some small changes but my first one was this blue one and the black one. I somehow managed to break the black one pretty much instantly so the blue one became my favourite lol.

I think I will one day venture to bricklink to find a new black one to replace my limping one...
Chris Hastings - Inspired But Tired

Offline Sleepy

• Sleep Comes Tomorrow
My most precious set is the 5580 Technic Model Team truck.
Mine too! I rebuilt it for the first time in decades recently only to discover it's been badly sun damaged from sitting on the windowsill of my teenage bedroom. Gave it a good wash and currently using the retr0brite method to remove the yellowing from the bricks.

Offline Spudh

• County: Kerry
My favorite as a kid was technic go-kart set 854. I got it from Santa and after building it I remember playing with it for hours on the floor skidding it around an imaginary course.

My favourite as an adult was the classic super car 8880, that had everything you could want in a lego set. I do love my Saturn V too though. Guilty pleasure is my Wall-e 21303, wonderful little representation

Wish list: That batman tumbler is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen!!!

lego