Author Topic: 2018 Sets  (Read 5506 times)

Offline brickman

• Server Team
Looks like Technic fans are about to have a year to look forward to (if you can warrent parting with the cash), it looks like there will be a Chiron Lego Technic set this year if the teasers are to be believed.

More information available here:
http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/18099/bugatti-teases-chiron-lego-technic-set-on-social-media

Offline brickman

• Server Team
Any Nexo fans should try and buy up what they still can.

Quote from: Google Translate
At the Toy Fair, we were told what has been speculated for weeks: there will not be a sixth wave of LEGO Nexo Knights in the summer. Say: The recently released five sets will be the last and the product cycle has been shortened by half a year.

At the press conference, Frédéric Lehmann, Managing Director of LEGO GmbH, once again emphasized the importance of the digital component, mentioning the Nexo Knights app. Probably one last time. The knights of the future move on: A quiet farewell.

LEGO Nexo Knights: First Half of 2018

Twinfector 72002
Berserk Bomber 72003
Tech Wizard Showdown 72004
Aaron's X-bow 72005
Axl's Rolling Arsenal 72006

*Google Translate is responsible for the not so great quote above but it gets the message across.

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
  • County: Dublin
I'm looking forward to the Speed Champions sets as well as Ship In A Bottle (which I might pick up from the Lego Store in London).  Also anything new in the Architecture / Sky Line sets will probably make my purchase list.
Currently typing on a Lego keyboard (honestly, I am!)

Offline wanbo

So far, the 2018 Technic line up hasn't really impressed me much. The Mack Truck does look nice, perhaps too much non technic in it though and the trailer looks too bare bones. Nice mechanisms, but just a bit....meh!

Offline Philip

• "I love my Brick"
  • County: Kilkenny
I'd agree that the 2017 and current Technic line-up was disappointing. I thought they would have had something great for the Technic 40th.

But the 2H Technic line-up that was mentioned at Nuremberg Toy Fair last week sounds promising!

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
  • County: Dublin
So far, the 2018 Technic line up hasn't really impressed me much. The Mack Truck does look nice, perhaps too much non technic in it though and the trailer looks too bare bones. Nice mechanisms, but just a bit....meh!

Built it over the weekend, https://www.lug.ie/forum/index.php?topic=335.0
Currently typing on a Lego keyboard (honestly, I am!)

Offline Sarahkilkenny

Hi the lego set I looking forward to is the Harry potter minifigure series due out Oct.? And the 6 set from harry potter. The new creator expert set rollercoaster set ?   And all the rest too many and running out of space for them..