Author Topic: LimBrick City Event - Wexford  (Read 10308 times)

Offline DaveNoCheese

• County: Limerick
Hi Folks,

We're looking at running an event in Wexford in early November, we have a very family friendly hotel in mind and believe the event will be a huge success. The current date is set for the Sunday 3rd November with a possibility of the Saturday if there is enough demand.

At the moment we are looking for expressions of interest from members here and their required number of tables, we will be covering food and transport costs and should also be in a position to provide accommodation. Space isn't a issue so plan big!

Thanks,
Dave

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Is love to at least go to this ,a road trip and even a looksee at wexford  would be nice, not a MOCer but could set up a display

Offline wallyjarek

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Next season's dodgeball calendar permitting, I'd be interested! Should have two city mocs to show, could bring a few Technic sets as well.

Offline Aidan

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Hey lads,

Depending on dates would be happy to help out. Hopefully have bloody tower finished ha. Viking ship too.

Let me know

Offline DaveNoCheese

Thanks for the replies... we want to try keep it to MOCs as much as possible with the exception of larger sets like the UCS Falcon etc. If ye want to email pics and space requirements to limerickafols@gmail.com, we'll mark ye down :)

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
Oh my god I'm jumping up and down with excitement!!  I'll be happy to help out locally with anything you need 😄😄😄😄

Offline wallyjarek

Oh my god I'm jumping up and down with excitement!!  I'll be happy to help out locally with anything you need 😄😄😄😄

That's great :)

Offline DaveNoCheese

At the moment we're looking for exhibitors :)

We want to showcase as many models as possible and get loads of people involved.

Offline DaveNoCheese

Hi Folks,

Just a small update on this, we are running the event on the Sunday 3rd November only with set up on Saturday afternoon / evening.

We have partnered with the Triple A Alliance, a Wicklow based charity group. They will be on hand at the event with a safe area and sensory play zone and will have volunteers helping where possible. Some proceeds of the event will be donated to them.

We are still looking for exhibitors and would love confirmation from members here if they can attend and what space they will need.

Any questions, feel free to shout.

Thanks,
Dave

Offline DaveNoCheese

The LimBrick City Wexford event, or "Brixford", has now gone live to the public. We are proud to confirm that we have partnered with the Triple A Alliance, a Wicklow based charity group and that the event will be sponsored by CeX.

We are still looking for expressions of interest from exhibitors, vendors or anyone else that can make the event truly special :)

We have all day on the 2nd Nov to set up and we'll organise a few sociables in the hotel that evening. As always, we will cover transport costs and lunches for the event, if people are interested in staying over the Saturday night we need to know before the end of September to secure any accommodation requests (the hotel is providing us with a reduced rate).

We have a massive amount of space available to us so plan big!

Thanks,
Dave

Offline DaveNoCheese

Hi Folks,

We're less than a month away now from the event and we're busy making sure it's going to be epic :)

We have loads planned such as the massive play area, various competitions, Lego themed colouring sheets, bricks 4 kidz will be on hand all day with a technic building workshop and emerald garrison will be around as well for photo opportunities. Ken from Strike a Pose will also have his green screen with Lego themed backgrounds at the event, he can make up frame or keyrings in minutes. We'll have various other vendors selling all sorts of Lego and Lego related items.

If anyone would like to be involved in any capacity, whether it be an exhibitor, vendor or even a volunteer, just drop us a message here or email limerickafols@gmail.com.

We're really looking forward to this event :)

Thanks,
Dave

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
How did it go? Would love to see some pics!

Offline wallyjarek

How did it go? Would love to see some pics!

Hi Tom,
Was excellent.
Here are some pic
https://flickr.com/photos/108376497@N06/sets/72157711650192646

Thanks again for your model. Next time will take bigger car 😂

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
Jarek & Dave, it was such a well organised, well put together event.  It was great from both the perspective of an exhibitor and as a customer.  My two kids both want to go back next week!!  Fingers crossed Brixford will take place again next year!