Author Topic: Bridge  (Read 6008 times)

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Finally built my road bridge, as designed in stud.io last year. I put my Bricklink orders in in mid-November but thanks to postal delays the last order only showed up 2 days before Christmas!

At 55 studs long it's quite a beast, but if I had built it to the original specifications with two large arches in the middle instead of one it would have been 84 studs. Although it would look great, an 84-stud-wide body of water would be a massive waste of space in my city! I guess it's easy to get carried away on stud.io and not get a true sense of the full size of a model.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
84 studs of shipping  ,like they said in Jaws "we'll need a bigger boat" , hope there's a toll for 4wide cars and room for the new norm 8wide. The trans blue you're looking for is water/river. What is the cost ?

• Lug.ie Team
No I got all my trans blue last year! Think David's looking for it this year, although he's going light blue, I went dark. Can't be sure but I think they were 1c each (rounded to the nearest cent - it was probably 1.1c or something).

The road is 16 wide so I think it's best suited to 6 wide vehicles :)

Offline Eamonnbilly

• County: Donegal
Brilliant bridge!! I need to start looking into stud.io for Mocs! Would it be a big job to put a motor in it to lift part of the bridge for passing ships?

• Lug.ie Team
Brilliant bridge!! I need to start looking into stud.io for Mocs! Would it be a big job to put a motor in it to lift part of the bridge for passing ships?

It would be a big job for this particular bridge! It'd be an interesting thing to try and build, but I don't really expect to have room in my city for a second road bridge any time soon. Could be something to think about for a collaborative lug city display at an event one day!