Author Topic: Rebel Wrecker 8858  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
On my to-do list for a long time, finally got a chance just before Christmas - I built set 8858 from spare parts. Needed a few substitutions but nothing major.

I thought about changing the colour but I could only have done it in black or yellow, and in Technic there's already too much of both so I decided to stick with the original red with yellow stripe.

The front grille (two ladder pieces) was originally red but I only had grey, which I think looks just as good anyway. I used clear bricks for the headlights where the original set used the horrible 90s technique of headlight stickers.

I also used trans-yellow round tiles for the spotlights - another substitution for horrible light stickers.

Had to make the pick-up arm black instead of light grey, but I think this looks just as good. Annoyingly the only hook I had was plastic (in Lego? shocker!), whereas the original set used a metal hook and the added weight would definitely help the winch behave a bit better.

Also added rear lights and a number plate, and as I was scraping the barrel of red inverted slopes I got one with a GTX sticker from set 8210. Not really appropriate for an off-roader but I refuse to remove the sticker that's stayed on for 25ish years!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Real lights are great , attach a few more bricks to hook maybe.is this January fulfilled or a starter

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
This was December, just a couple of days as a side project whole sorting Technic :)

lego