Author Topic: The No Particular Topic Topic  (Read 50701 times)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
The last 3( 1 of 20 pieces) rescues  have yielded 6 SW minifigs, a friends legs , a one arm workperson torso, a chima bird(minus headcover) with a Jek-1 transparent arm, and some city guys. A red motorbike body and a trike body( possibly a SW hoverbike ) .some old pieces -wheels with metal axle and city wheels and 2 bigs that make a bike and a spring shock

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Anyone watching any Lego Masters ,I've season 3 Australian one recorded ,and brickset is reviewing the U.S. one

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Like the UK lego masters eliminating the kids , Aussie version is laying waste to the women, the builds are amazing and I wouldn't be confident in entering as it uses every scope of building ,technic ,colour, storytelling, parts usage ,  I'm blown away by the builds

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
The brickset secret Santa is open for sign up but is closed 4th Nov, I do say I'm not doing it next year but it's a great way to get a present from someone who wants to give you lego other than yourself, and the fuzzy feeling of giving and then seeing all the joy as others open and show off the goodness

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Check out smyths this weekend,there's a halloweekend gift "one per child" whatever! Probably a polybag ,could be the Frankenstein that lego shop has for monthly minibuild

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I live on the brickset site and the forum but need today is it'll probably a shutting down next year. It also means this Secret Santa will be the last facilitated by the forum

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Poly bags ,nothing major ,they had a haunted house on display with a stuntz set and the friends roller disco ,I wound  the haunted house and the drop is cool the stuntz needed a bigger table to get speed and I know the disco set but as much as I wanted to physically explore it I resisted

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
https://www.lego.com/en-ie/vip/rewards-center/rewards

"Download this awesome football bracket, to celebrate everything football has to offer this winter!

The 32 teams were drawn into eight groups of four nations. The top two in each group will advance to the knockout rounds. The competition then moves onto a round of 16, quarterfinals, semi-finals and final. Follow every step of the competition with this fun bracket.

If you cannot find the downloaded files on your computer or smart device—don't panic! Just redownload the files.
Just go to your Rewards Redeemed section of your VIP account page to redownload it."

LEGO offering some world cup merchandise while managing not to mention the world cup. Presume it's a licensing issue, although I can also imagine them not wishing to be associated with the Qatar human-rights-abuse-fest.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Brickset secret Santa has closed ,hope my incorrect closing date didn't catch anyone out

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Inspired by 3 stickers pieces of the Porsche Spider 75910 and the atrocious state the pieces were in should have trounced the inspiration but stubborn me bulled on, maybe 15 parts missing but big bits -it's reminding me of a carS.O.S. It'll never be finished but I won't be dipping into the audi of which I found the front grille

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I retrieved 2 suitcases of lego , there was an.other brand of a shuttle ,but the lot I'm interested in has Star wars,  city , I hope weasleys burrow , I see maybe 15 figs. The machine took a lot too , this time I had 2 more helping and it took a while. There's a lot of yellow a I'm hoping it's the highrise crane. There were 2 sails and a tent material .I got a jabba and I think his barge, there's a pirate ship and a city airport and lots of red so must be a fire station. I put photos on the WhatsApp but I'll post here when I get time to clean and attempt to rebuid

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Hope 7905 highrise crane is complete looks like a majority of it is

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Giving a bus ,a bike ,a plane and train bogies a wash in the sink , I heard a noise and heart raced as I thought twas the water going down the drain, luckily it was the noise of the lego moving in the sink, maybe next cleaning will be in a basin!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
The Lego Life Christmas edition magazine came in addressed to my Daughter , there's instructions for a baby polar bear 29 pieces -all white but common enough. There's two on the 2nd page a mom and teenager beat but probably easy enough to make as there's no instructions

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, my Secret Santa gifts arrived today ,no tree up yet ,there's 8 gifts and a mini story with clues as to what's inside.

lego