Author Topic: LEGO Star Wars sets 2018  (Read 7471 times)

Offline Lug.ie Team

• Lug.ie Team
To tie in with the release of the new Star Wars film, LEGO is bringing out an Ahch-To Island set which is modeled off the beehive huts found on Skellig Michael.

About the Lug.ie Team Have a question or need help? email us at hello@lug.ie

Offline Daragh

• County: Dublin
I am not a huge Star Wars fan, but that is definitely on the shopping list with the Irish connection.

No a LEGO designed set, but this is awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm6qT1oZ9jg

I could live with that, if I could find room. I would have this any day over the new Millennium Falcon.

General Custard

Woooo, that is HUGE!

Offline Ben C

Disappointed to see another  one of these polybags after the Scarif Trooper never showed up available here. Currently on eBay so hopefully a shop@home promotion in the near future.

Offline Mike

• County: Limerick
So I guess you guys check out Eurobricks too
https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/148905-lego-star-wars-2018-set-discussion-read-first-post/&page=95

The Solo sets that showed up on Reddit
Solo Hans Solo's Landspeeder      75209
Solo Imperial Battle Pack      75207
Solo Imperial Landspeeder      75210
Solo Imperial Tie Fighter      75211
Solo Kessel Run Millenium Falcon      75212

Plus OT X wing, Smaller Scale Sandcrawler coming, on top of the tatooine battlepack etc..

Then this morning - Brick Show and Rebel Scum
https://www.facebook.com/thebrickshow/posts/10155292423245838
Rebelscum.com dropped a couple of interesting rumors concerning 75215 - 75216 and 75217;
V-wing star fighter; Rex, Cody, Plo Koon, a pilot and a droideka.
TLJ Throne Room fighting scene: Snoke, Rey, Kylo and 2 different praetorian guards.
Resistance transport: Leia, Kaydel Ko Konnix, Nien Numb, C3-PO and a resistance soldier.

On top of a rumored Cloud City UCS... It could be an expensive summer again for SW!  After a lack lustre winter Last Jedi Wave.  Apart form the Bomber and BB8, nothing there that took my interest

Offline Ciaran

• County: Antrim
From looking at Brickset they have two UCS sets coming out: 75181 possible Y-Wing and 75222 Cloud City.  It's going to be an expensive year as I still have to buy the Falcon.

Offline OneZeke

I got Ache-To for xmas along with Kylos Tie Fighter

Currently building the 10188 Death Star also
I am He-Who-Walks-The-Night,
The Lurker in the Dark,
The Haunter in the Shadows, To behold me is to behold Death,
Fear me for I am the Nightwalker!

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
I have exactly 0% interest in Star Wars but I'm thinking of getting Ahch-To just because of the Irish link...how to fit it in a town layout hmmm...
Happy Building!

Offline Daragh

I might not be at 0% interest in Star Wars but fairly near and like you this set is a must have. I don't have a town layout so that's not a problem :-)   You could have it as an away day location for the townsfolk or a themed restaurant or something.

Offline Ciaran

I'm looking forward to seeing the upcoming UCS sets.

Offline Chris Hastings

• Star Wars and Bionicle nerd, maker of rubbish mocs
The Ach-to set is great, awesome to finally get some 'building' Star Wars sets among the deluge of vehicles (which I love too but it has been forever since I bought something that didn't fly).

The only downside is that its baseplates are in 'bright green' which doesn't match baseplate green so if you are wanting to add it to a layout or make it bigger/part of a village then its worth bearing in mind. The bright green colour matches the grey very well though.

I believe the V wing will be the Torrent fighter instead of the Ep3 Vwing going off the price, the last torrent fighter was almost shuttle sized because of its wings and I see no way at all that they could make an ep3 Vwing at that price range without including another ship or a substantial bit of backdrop like they did with the recent ski-speeder set.
Chris Hastings - Inspired But Tired