Author Topic: Classics anyone?  (Read 19284 times)

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Antrim
Love the middle picture, as a big rig fan and I'm seeing it in black trashing KITT ,I loved knight rider too

The middle is my favourite too John! I simply love the design of these posters, the colours used and presentation of the sets is sublime.

I do somewhat wonder what they used for graphic design back then, believe Photoshop was released in the early 90s, so wasn't that old and established on the market.

What a coincidence haha, every bricklink order I've placed in the last couple of years I've been checking to see if stores have these 3 on my "Posters" wanted list!

Did you have these since the 90s or did you buy them? I used to have the airport one, sadly no more.

Tom, I had a LEGO System poster from years ago, circa 1995 maybe, not sure, but can't find it anywhere.

I purchased these on eBay for very little money, think it was £6 for all 3 posters.

Also have a 1992 Paradisa poster too. Once I get another frame for it, and it'll be going on the wall too.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Some day I'll get around to ordering them! Or maybe drop hints to the missus over the next couple of months :D

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Some day I'll get around to ordering them! Or maybe drop hints to the missus over the next couple of months :D

That's the way to do it Tom, it's my birthday tomorrow and having been dropping hints the past numbers of weeks :-)

• Lug.ie Team
Belated happy birthday!

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin

Some new posters for the home office (excuse the reflection) - really digging the 1993/1994 Town sets at the moment.

These look super. Are the posters a perfect fit? Where did you get the frames?

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
These look super. Are the posters a perfect fit? Where did you get the frames?

Yes, very pleased how these turned out David.

There are all suppose to be A2 (42.0 x 59.4 cm) sized posters.  One was a couple of mm longer, which required a slight fold to fit into the frames.

Ordered the frames from ASDA, they are out of stock now, cheap and cheerful and do the job.

https://direct.asda.com/george/home/home-accessories/photo-frames-albums/black-a2-photo-frame-set-of-3/050346694,default,pd.html

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Hello long lost box... this one has evaded me over the years... finally found it and in reasonable condition!

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Nice.  Love the monkey!  Would go well with my pirates chess set :)

• Lug.ie Team
Inspired by hre1d, these were great Christmas presents... only really have room for two posters in the Lego room without ruining the city skyline so decided it was best to forego the 1993 one.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
I'd tolerate the 4wide big rigs , a lego room with lego art wou!d not be tolerated here though

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Inspired by hre1d, these were great Christmas presents... only really have room for two posters in the Lego room without ruining the city skyline so decided it was best to forego the 1993 one.

They look fantastic Tom, liking the mount too.  I've been watching a number of System posters on eBay for the past while, Pirates, Castle & Spyrius, but they are steep at £30 each, not sure if I can justify that price tag, they look to be in great order though.

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Recently purchased this one at decent money.  I've been slowly building up the Town sets from 1993/1994, trying to get well looked after examples with boxes is challenging, but I'm loving the chase.  I've a few others bought, not yet built, but will post in here soon.

6669 - Diesel Daredevil

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Was this an unopened box?

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Was this an unopened box?

It wasn’t John, but it’s in brilliant condition, the previous owner looked after his sets very well. If it was sealed, I don’t think I could have brought myself to break the seal :-)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
This could spark another truck-off, we did a few 4 wide builds ,nice for 4wide! No discoloration so must have been in a bunker with no kids!