Author Topic: Star Wars sets  (Read 23253 times)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
DeathStar has been calling me a long time ,initially I gave a wrong number now I just turn down my hearing aid ,it would be my ultimate favorite

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Antrim
John, the 75159 Death Star has been calling me a long time too.  Had the chance to pick up before Christmas at £299 in Smyths Toys and decided against it as I was in the hunt for this:

I missed it again when it came back in stock, was gutted! Then I noticed the next day that LEGO were taking back orders, so managed to secure one, and was delivered in super quick time. Having had it over a month, I still haven’t opened it up yet, only the outer packaging.

Can't wait to get stuck in, and plan to prolong and enjoy building it over a period of months!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I'd just take 2days off work and 3 off family ,with occasional cafine doses till completion ,good luck with it

Offline DaveNoCheese

John, the 75159 Death Star has been calling me a long time too.  Had the chance to pick up before Christmas at £299 in Smyths Toys and decided against it as I was in the hunt for this:

I missed it again when it came back in stock, was gutted! Then I noticed the next day that LEGO were taking back orders, so managed to secure one, and was delivered in super quick time. Having had it over a month, I still haven’t opened it up yet, only the outer packaging.

Can't wait to get stuck in, and plan to prolong and enjoy building it over a period of months!

I've been sitting on the UCS Falcon since Decemeber, although with the long weekend coming up I might break it out!!

I also plan to build this to display the beast - https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-10219/Lucioswitch81/effermans-vertical-stand-for-millennium-falcon-75192/#comments

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
I'd just take 2days off work and 3 off family ,with occasional cafine doses till completion ,good luck with it

Thanks John, can't wait to get stuck in!

I've been sitting on the UCS Falcon since Decemeber, although with the long weekend coming up I might break it out!!

I also plan to build this to display the beast - https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-10219/Lucioswitch81/effermans-vertical-stand-for-millennium-falcon-75192/#comments

Me too, think it will really show the Falcon off well, and seems to be strong enough to hold the weight.

The Docking Bay 327 MOC by jmfbtb on Rebrickable is amazing! Potentially another project down the line, but the stand will do nicely for now.

Link: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-0631/jmfbtb/lego-docking-bay-327-for-ucs-falcon/

Also, managed to pick up a brand new UCS Tie Fighter on eBay for decent money last week.

Plenty to build, and looking forward to seeing what UCS are coming out later this year.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin

That looks great. Actually I have been thinking about building a port and can take some ideas from this for the cranes.

Offline Aaron

• County: Cork
I've always been a fan of the AT-AT models. I have the new heavy assault walker, which is great for display but its not quite the same as the Imperial AT-AT :P
-Aaron

Offline Aidan

• Lug.ie Team
I've always been a fan of the AT-AT models. I have the new heavy assault walker, which is great for display but its not quite the same as the Imperial AT-AT :P

Could not agree more. i have picked up the heavy walked like 10 times and haven't bought cause the at at comparison always stops me

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team

Could not agree more. i have picked up the heavy walked like 10 times and haven't bought cause the at at comparison always stops me

Agree with this too, I've been tempted with the Heavy Walker lately, but would much rather have the Imperial 75054 set!

Aidan, this may swing your decision, 20% discount on Heavy Walker at John Lewis: https://www.johnlewis.com/lego-star-wars-the-last-jedi-75189-first-order-heavy-assault-walker/p3302600

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
So Star Wars fans, what's the consensus about the new UCS Y-Wing set?

Link: https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Y-Wing-Starfighter-75181

I think it looks great, so much detail but I would like to see something new, a new UCS set we haven't seen yet, e.g UCS AT-AT, so therefore I'm still undecided if I'll purchase this or not.

Offline Chris Hastings

• Star Wars and Bionicle nerd, maker of rubbish mocs
As a professional TIE pilot with the 501st, I HATE this!

But as someone who is putting together a Y-wing pilot costume for Rebel Legion, I LOVE THIS lol.

In all seriousness though, I think this will be my first UCS set! The Y-wing has always been one of my favourite craft but I could never bring myself to pay the price for the older model since its colours are so bizarre with half the cockpit being white and half of the back end being brown but this newer model, although it seems to share a lot with the older one, is leaps and bounds ahead IMO, the sand blue coloured pieces work perfectly for the canopy section and there is much less brown polluting the back end! (snigger)

This is the first UCS set and indeed the first 'big money' set that I have looked at and thought 'wow' without it being followed up with 'oh wait hmm that looks a bit iffy in some spots' im horrendously picky when it comes to star wars but this looks absolutely perfect to me haha
Chris Hastings - Inspired But Tired

Offline DaveNoCheese

So Star Wars fans, what's the consensus about the new UCS Y-Wing set?

**snip***

Link: https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Y-Wing-Starfighter-75181

I think it looks great, so much detail but I would like to see something new, a new UCS set we haven't seen yet, e.g UCS AT-AT, so therefore I'm still undecided if I'll purchase this or not.

To someone like me who only recently came out of their dark ages, I am personally in favour or rereleasing some (or all) of the previous UCS sets. It means not paying crazy prices on the secondary market.

Offline Aidan

• Lug.ie Team
Aidan, this may swing your decision, 20% discount on Heavy Walker at John Lewis: https://www.johnlewis.com/lego-star-wars-the-last-jedi-75189-first-order-heavy-assault-walker/p3302600
[/quote]

God dont tempt me! my Lego funds are being taken up these days with my first serious MOC unfortunately.

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team

So, has anyone got any planned purchases for the May the 4th day? I've my eye on the UCS Slave 1, but will wait and see what the 20% off sets are, may influence my decision.

Offline Chris Hastings

• Star Wars and Bionicle nerd, maker of rubbish mocs

So, has anyone got any planned purchases for the May the 4th day? I've my eye on the UCS Slave 1, but will wait and see what the 20% off sets are, may influence my decision.

I suppose it would be too optimistic to hope that the new Y-wing will be 20% off? :P
Chris Hastings - Inspired But Tired

lego