Author Topic: LEGO Movie  (Read 6001 times)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
So I saw the LEGO Movie 2 over the weekend (finally used a gift card I got for my birthday a year ago).

Well I'm not sure what I thought about it TBH and would be interested in what others think if indeed (a) you got to see it and (b) you do think.

I suppose I felt it is underwhelming when compared to the first LEGO Movie (which I thought was great, especially the first half hour with the underlying theme of a 1984-esq obedience and surveillance world).

I was with my 4-year old and could tell that she found the plot confusing which wasn't too surprising as so did I (I think the first movie was a lot more straightforward). As a result less laughs from the little one as with the first which we watched together on DVD last week. It's a bit all over the place really and hard to hear some of the dialogue which is spat out at a fierce pace.

I think I'd give it a 2.5 out of 5, round up or down, I'm not sure, maybe a 3 if I look through my stud-tinted glasses.

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Sounds like I'm better off waiting for the DVD

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
It was as good as the first and had a real scary moment for me ,a real twist(i never see through plots though) that i didn't expect ,and brought out my strong dislike of -duplo, minidolls  ,Lego outdoors and mixing of Lego ,but at the end im  accepting of minidolls   ,I really liked it and would get some sets for the memory of it

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
Confession time - I've never seen the LEGO Movie.  I've seen bits of it, but never the full film.
I'm hoping to bring my 7 year old and his 2 friends on Saturday - fingers crossed they sit and watch the whole thing!

Offline conor

• County: Wicklow
I saw it on Saturday, also with my 4-year-old daughter. We both enjoyed it more than the first. Neither of us liked Rex.

Oddly enough, having bought [70841] Benny's Space Squad (like everyone else and their mother), [70822] Unikitty's Sweetest Friends EVER! and a few of the non-Wizard of Oz CMFs in advance of seeing the movie, I'm not pushed to buy any of the other LM2 sets now. The sets seem really lame, full of commercial compromises and expensive. I can't see them selling well.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
I want all the sets but anything I get will be mega discount ,I thought rex was great(there's a book and minifig -7Euro  in tesco) and didn't even like the sound of whateveriwanttobe ,some of my feelings changed

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
I enjoyed it! I thought it started badly though, half an hour in I had no idea where it was going and was prepared for disappointment. But I liked the end result!

I didn't think too hard about the time travel stuff, I've got to admit... I don't think it would really have made a huge amount of sense. But I laughed through most of it after the weird first half hour and I enjoyed the songs more than I would have expected to, and the story!

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Confession time - I've never seen the LEGO Movie.  I've seen bits of it, but never the full film.
I'm hoping to bring my 7 year old and his 2 friends on Saturday - fingers crossed they sit and watch the whole thing!

That is quite a shocking revelation. TLM 1 is definitely a good watch so one to put on your to view list.

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
Have to say I liked it too!  But I have to agree with you David that the plot is all over the place!  I'm still confused as to what the story with Duplo is....is Bricksburg still invaded by them!?!

I brought three 7 year old boys to see it - I think I laughed more than they did.  They were just obsessed with doing the floss/flossing(I am old so don't know the correct term?!) every time a song came on.

Like, conor (and everyone else) I've bought Benny's Space Squad - and I've also ordered the extra pack just for the Sewer Babies.  Other than that I wouldn't be bothered with any of the other sets - well except for Apocolypseburg (which I won't be getting because it's way out of my price league!!)

lego