Author Topic: 6 Wide Cement Truck  (Read 8718 times)

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Inspired by David's construction site, I felt he needed some construction vehicles.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Have you considered a 4wide version?

What is the red part for the drum? I don't recognise it. Does look good. Maybe the wing-mirrors could be higher?

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Have you considered a 4wide version?
Lol. I considered it a mistake ;-)

What is the red part for the drum? I don't recognise it. Does look good. Maybe the wing-mirrors could be higher?
[/quote]
2 of these https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=45411&ccName=4195061#T=S&C=5&O={"color":"5","iconly":0} with a 6x8 plate between and some technic pins 4x4 plates keeping it together. I had made one which would have been perfect on a 4 wide but was lost on the 6 wide. I debated hanging the wing mirrors from above but changed in back. Still on the fence with that one.

Online John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
David is currently making a machine that will 4wide that fantastic truck,  I'd just check the Janitor for his licence ,and take the volcano guy back to get more energy to run the city

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
@Patrick, thanks for sharing that. I have those in white, might experiment with them on a 4-wide but would think they might be too wide/tall (width is 6 studs but you'd need to add curved tiles to make it more round but then it would be closer to 8 studs)?

@John, yes, yes I am :D

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
@Patrick, thanks for sharing that. I have those in white, might experiment with them on a 4-wide but would think they might be too wide/tall (width is 6 studs but you'd need to add curved tiles to make it more round but then it would be closer to 8 studs)?
I didn't have enough of the curved tiles but it should stay about the 6 wide mark even with those.

As it happens the back has been removed and replaced with a large empty space that tilts.  Far more playability for more testers :)  Its all about UAT!

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Neat tipper truck. Now to add some rubble to the back!